Medicare offers several types of plans. Depending on where you live you may have different options.
Everyone has their own health insurance needs. Some are concerned with keeping premiums low knowing they will pay copayments when using coverage while others like the freedom in choosing any doctor without copayments. Travel plans outside of a Medicare service area can also be a factor.
- Covers Part A, Part B and in most cases Part D Prescription Drugs
- Typically a Managed Care plan such as an HMO or PPO with office visit and hospital copayments
- Often include added benefits such as annual physicals, vision and gym discounts
- Lower premium rates when compared to Medigap plans.
- Provides coverage for charges not covered by Medicare Part A & B such as deductibles and coinsurance.
- Prescription Drug coverage is NOT included – a separate Part D plan is often needed
- Available through insurance companies with standardized plans
- Many different plans and copay levels available
- Plans use specific formulary lists so it is important to review your list by using the Plan Finder at www.medicare.gov
Your SilverTone Med Plans advisor can compare the plans in your area to help you make the right decision in choosing a plan that meets your health and financial needs.